This non-profit organization is chartered to provide a forum for the open exchange of non-proprietary information among the users and Emerson Automation Solutions with an emphasis on the enabling technologies and the solutions and services of Emerson Automation Solutions.
- Ensure that Emerson Global User Exchange attitudes, planning and activities continue to meet the attendee needs. Encourage the attendees and users of Emerson Automation Solutions technologies to actively participate.
- Enable attendees to participate in activities such as symposia, special interest groups, local and international forums, newsletters, social media, and the online Emerson Exchange 365 group to promote the exchange of ideas among users.
- Improve the efficiency and use of enabling technologies available and employed at each member’s location, by sharing successes, solutions, and pitfalls to be avoided.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with Emerson Automation Solutions Business Units. Actively participate in long range planning activities for Emerson Automation Solutions technologies by providing feedback at conferences and other scheduled meetings.
- Provide a forum for announcements and discussions of new products and services.
Attendance shall be limited to:
- Employees of any company or organization which utilizes the products and services provided by Emerson Automation Solutions to manage their process(es).
- Emerson Automation Solutions and Emerson Automation Solutions Representative personnel.
Note: Attendance may be granted to other complementary users (non-end users) of Emerson Automation Solutions products and services. Companies that compete with any Emerson Automation Solutions division may be excluded from attendance. All attendance decisions will be made at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
The management of the business of the user exchange shall be vested in the Emerson Global User Exchange Board of Directors (Board). The Board shall consist of eighteen to twenty (18 – 20) members.
The Board is responsible for maintaining the Emerson Global User Exchange charter to see that it meets the needs of the membership. Revisions to the charter require approval by a 2/3 majority vote of the Board.
All Directors should be willing and have their respective management’s sponsorship to serve the duration of their appointments.
The executive committee consisting of the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Executive Sponsor and Executive Director from Emerson Automation Solutions will select and appoint a minimum of nine (9) and a maximum of eleven (11) user Directors from the nominees submitted who are willing and able to serve a term of four (4) years (renewable for up to four (4) more years at the Executive Committee’s discretion).
- A minimum of eleven (11) and a maximum of thirteen (13) of the Directors, including the Chairperson and Vice Chairperson, will be End Users representing key industries.
- The Executive Sponsor will be appointed from Emerson Automation Solutions.
- The Executive Director will be appointed from the Process Systems and Solutions Division of Emerson Automation Solutions.
- Three (3) directors will be appointed from Measure & Analyze, Final Control & Regulate, and Solve & Support business categories of Emerson Automation Solutions.
- Two (2) Directors will be Emerson Automation Solutions Local Business Partners appointed in cooperation with the Executive Committee, Emerson Automation Solutions, and the Local Business Partner Committee.
All Directors will elect (in a closed ballot election) the Chairperson and Vice Chairperson to serve a term of two (2) years that shall not conflict with the overall term of that director.
The duties of the officers include:
- The Chairperson will organize and plan board activities and preside at all board meetings.
- The Vice-Chairperson will succeed the Chairperson and act on his behalf when the chairperson is not present.
- The Executive Director will maintain attendance roster, communicate Emerson Global User Form activities to the attendees, and collect, manage and report on finances.
- The Emerson Global User Exchange Executive Sponsor shall be appointed by Emerson Automation Solutions to serve as an advocate for Emerson Global User Exchange, supporting it financially and managing costs. The Executive Sponsor’s role will be one of senior consultant, leader and advisor, assisting with long term direction and planning.
- The Executive Sponsor and his appointed Executive Director shall be empowered to act as fiduciaries on behalf of the organization. No financial or contractual commitments shall be on behalf of the Emerson Global User Exchange by any other Director or agent.
Additional support for the management of the user exchange shall be vested in the Emerson Global User Exchange Advisory Board (Advisory Board). The Advisory Board shall consist of up to six (6) non-voting members and will be chaired by the Vice-Chairman of the Emerson Global Users Exchange Board of Directors. The Board will establish the scope and responsibility of the Advisory Board based on the Board’s annual initiatives.
Advisory Board members must be dues paying members of the Emerson Global Users Exchange. Advisory Board members will be elected by Executive Committee of the Board for renewable terms of one (1) year.
All Advisory Board members should be willing and have their respective management’s sponsorship, in writing, to serve the duration of their appointment.
The responsibilities of the members should include but are not limited to:
- The Chairperson will act as a liaison between the Board and the Advisory Board to maintain open communications and coordination with Board activities.
- Attendance at the two face-to-face meetings of the Board held in conjunction with the annual conference.
- At the request of the Executive committee, members may periodically attend conference calls or meetings with the Board.
- Members will lead or participate on committees of the Board.
- Members will assist with development and management of tools and techniques for user communications.
- Members will assist with the development of operating procedures for the further improvement of the ongoing operations of the Board.